- The Naval Shipbuilding College is an organization dedicated to workforce development and skilling across the Australian naval shipbuilding enterprise.
- KBR, in a joint venture with Huntington Ingalls Industries, has established and has managed operations for the College since April 2018.
- The College is part of a $90 billion initiative by the Australian Government that has created a pipeline of work that will support the development of a continuous naval shipbuilding enterprise for decades to come.
- The College partners with education and training providers in every state and territory and in consultation with Australia’s shipbuilding and sustainment industries to offer shipbuilding courses to students across Australia. These courses ensure that students graduate job-ready and are equipped with the skills, knowledge and experience they need to secure employment.
- The College also has a workforce register of individuals with skills, knowledge and capabilities relevant to the shipbuilding enterprise and is conducting a national effort to find, educate and retrain people who are seeking a career in shipbuilding.