Harsh water new-build FPSO
West of Shetland
Pre-FEED, FEED, Detailed Engineering, Procurement Support
- Water depth: 400 m
- KBR designed the 21,000-ton topsides providing production capacity for 320,000 b/d of liquids and 220 mmscfd/d of gas and 380,000 b/d of produced water and seawater injection.
- Storage is provided in the FPSO for at least 1 million barrels of crude product. Export of crude will be via shuttle tanker.
- Gas handling comprises liquid knock-out, drying and compression prior to use as gas lift gas or export through the existing West of Shetlands pipeline.
- The FPSO includes the following facilities:
- New-build hull with oil storage and machinery spaces
- Accommodation with helideck facilities
- Power generation and emergency power
- Oil processing train comprising of slug catcher and separation facilities
- Two off gas processing trains, including drying facilities
- Produced water treatment and injection
- Flare gas recovery
- Chemical injection facilities for topside and subsea
- Part of the redevelopment of the Schiehallion and Loyal fields in Quad 204
- Replacement for the retired Schiehallion FPSO, which also supported a KBR topsides facility
- Drilling in the field is being undertaken by a new-build semi-submersible Deepsea Aberdeen, whose hull was designed by KBR.