The largest moored semi-submersible production platform in the world and the largest steel semi-submersible ever built
- The Thunder Horse field is in the Gulf of Mexico in 6,050 ft of water.
- Thunder Horse is a GVA 40000 Design, combined production, drilling, and quarters semi-submersible
- KBR contracted to provide FEED and basic design for the hull, deck, quarters, mooring system, and drilling system, technical support to the construction, procurement, and installation phases and construction management services for the hull.
- Production capacity: 250,000 bopd and 200 mmscfd gas
- Displacement: 155,000 tons
- Topsides weight: 21,000 tons
- Topside dimensions: 112 x 136 m