One of the Largest Semi-submersible Production Platforms in the World
- To improve the competitiveness of rail freight transport, the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) undertook a significant upgrade the 830 km main line between Melbourne and Sydney.
- KBR delivered the design of track and civil works, and provided environmental and planning services, project coordination, and construction support.
- The works program, with an estimated value of around AU$1 billion, included the construction of nine passing lanes (each approximately 7 kilometers long) and upgrades to track, signaling, bridges and associated rail freight facilities.
- KBR managed the environmental approvals by state and Australian government authorities, including environmental impact assessments, permitting applications, and extensive stakeholder and community consultation.
- Multidisciplinary environmental and planning team, including ecologists, planners, environmental scientists and GIS specialists
- Large-scale ecological assessments, including detailed vegetation surveys, habitat-hectare assessments, targeted species surveys, waterway and wetland assessments and spatial mapping
- Preparation and facilitation of approvals from Australian, state and local government authorities
- Extensive consultation with environmental and planning authorities, landholders, local communities and construction personnel
- Preparation, implementation and auditing of numerous environment management plans
- Net gain assessments and facilitation of native vegetation and biodiversity offsets
- Auditing of environmental performance and improved construction management method to deliver sound environmental outcomes