Integral development and systems modernization support
KBR’s support of the Hornet dates more than 40 years to pre-first flight of the original F/A-18A platform. The aircraft, which serves as both a fighter and attack aircraft, is known today as the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and is used by the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps, as well as numerous other countries. In its fighter mode, it serves as escort and fleet air defense. In its attack mode, it provides force projection, interdiction, and close and deep air support.
KBR has continuously, provided integral development and systems modernization support to the platform. We currently support the F/A-18 under multiple contracts, including Seaport-e and a Service Life Extension Program and Service Life Assessment Program (SLEP/SLAP) contract under DTICs IAC contracts. KBR’s services include program management, sustainment engineering, test and evaluation, mission support, logistics engineering, foreign military sales (FMS), and budget and finance management.
- Subject-matter experts deployed at bases and on aircraft carriers around the world directly supporting Navy and Marine Corps fighter/attack squadrons under the Service Life Extension Program.
- Played a key role in the development and flight test of the EA-18G EW variant of the Hornet.
- Ongoing mission software updates, including threat libraries, are researched and developed by a KBR team in Pt. Mugu, California, prior to release to fleet users.
- Supported development work on the F/A-18 Green Hornet bio-fuel demonstrator.
- Serves as the contractor of choice by major FMS users, including Australia, Switzerland, Finland, Singapore and Kuwait.