KBR goes beyond basic engineering to help government and commercial customers solve complex technical problems in demanding environments, from outer space to beneath the ocean floor.
KBR uses a variety of solutions to mitigate risks related to noise and vibration and to improve the mechanical integrity of assets, facilities and operations of both government and commercial customers.
Our experts combine the tools and techniques of aircraft and spacecraft structural analysis with deep domain knowledge and creative problem-solving to ensure each component of a project can withstand extreme acoustic energies and environments.
With capabilities such as proven project noise control, field-verified predictive noise modeling, detailed fine-element analysis modeling, fatigue life predictions, test simulations and more, we’re able to identify vibration sources, determine system responses, and optimize solutions that keep assets working safely and reliably.
Current major projects and capabilities include:
- Assembly and manufacturing spacecraft thermal and fluids analysis
- Baseline noise surveys
- Computational fluid dynamics analysis
- Dynamic modeling and analysis
- Experimental and numerical simulation of jet and launch duct acoustics
- High-speed civil transport
- Internal flow field analysis
- Jet noise scaling and suppression with water injection
- Launch vehicle umbilical systems and thermal analysis
- Linear and nonlinear finite element analysis
- Modeling of three-dimensional compressible and incompressible Navier-Stokes flows, including numerical grid generation, code development and turbulence modeling
- Noise contour mapping
- On-orbit satellite servicing
- Operational noise surveys
- Pre-launch air cooling
- Space shuttle main propulsion
- Supersonic aerodynamic analysis and design
- Thermal-fluid analysis (including SINDA), design, testing and development of single- and two-phase flow systems
- Vibration data collection and analysis
- 17-inch disconnect valve hydrodynamic stability
Noise, Vibration & Fluid Dynamics Engineering Opportunities
The people of KBR change the world every day, providing the intelligence to solve any challenge. If you’re up to the task, we want you on our team.Search Job Openings