Development and installation of a new grassroots full-conversion refinery
- The YASREF Project is the development and installation of a new grassroots full-conversion refinery in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that will process 400,000 bpd of Arabian Heavy crude into gasoline, diesel, benzene and LPG products.
- The refinery is located in Yanbu Industrial City on the west coast of Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea.
- The entire project includes refinery process units, utilities and interconnecting piping, associated feedstock and refined produce storage logistics facilities, solids products handling, load out, storage and export facilities.
- The refinery will produce a high-quality product slate to meet stringent ultra-low sulphur gasoline and ultra-low sulphur diesel specifications applicable in Europe and the United States, in line with demands of the global markets in the next decade.
- The FEED team worked over 500,000 work hours without a lost-time incident or recordable incident.
- Largest FEED effort executed by KBR to date, encompassing over 1,300 P&IDs developed in Intergraph SmartPlant software.
- The 400,000 bph crude distillation unit and vacuum distillation unit designed by KBR are one of the largest single-train units processing Arabian Heavy crude.
- The project estimates were produced in the Aspen Kbase system and are the largest compiled in Kbase at KBR at time of completion.
- KBR’s megaproject execution expertise ensures effective planning for the EPC phase, including infrastructure requirements for the 25,000 peak construction work force that provides a safe work environment.
- KBR’s extensive project management services experience ensured the timely development of project specifications and standards reflecting the project plans and procedures, the EPC phase invitation to bid (ITB) packages, effective interface management procedures, and planning for the development of the integrated project management team.
- KBR’s refining know-how, gained through experience with KBR’s and other industry leader’s technologies, combined with KBR’s FEED expertise and the experience of our workforce produced a benchmarked FEED definition ready for cost-effective LSTK execution and long-term safe and environmentally-responsible operation.