Overseeing and maintaining assets and directly supporting U.S. military strategy
KBR is the leading provider of prepositioned stock services to the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and U.S. Army. We oversee and maintain assets valued at approximately $7 billion and directly support the U.S. military strategy by providing program planning, maintenance, Care of Supplies in Storage (COSIS), and logistics services to strategically prepositioned afloat and ashore stocks worldwide.
Under the Prepositioning and Marine Corps Logistics Services (P&MCLS) contract, KBR maintains and repairs 45% of all USMC ground combat assets — military vehicles, equipment, and material at Blount Island Command, Jacksonville, Florida. Our services include supply chain, kitting, shipboard, and in-theater support. Similar to the P&MCLS contract, KBR maintains and repairs U.S. Army ground combat assets under the Army Prepositioned Stocks – Afloat (APS-3) program. On these two contracts combined, we perform more than 1 million maintenance orders annually which helps ensure equipment and materiel are combat-ready 24/7. KBR also performs heavy combat equipment maintenance and supply operations in support of the APS-4 program in Korea and Japan.
- Supporting the USMC prepositioning program since 1986, including equipment offloads during Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom I & II, Somalia and 100 exercises
- Supporting the U.S. Army prepositioning program since 2009, including 15 ship cycles and the stand-up of an armored brigade combat team (ABCT) in Europe
- Supporting prepositioning programs 24/7 around the globe with employees locationed in Norway, Kuwait, Diego Garcia, Korea, Japan, Guam and Saipan
- Achieved ISO certifications for quality management systems (9001) and environmental management systems (140001)
- Achieved a Star rating for OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
- Known for our ability to reduce repair cycle-time and increase readiness through continuous improvement and rapid problem solving