Living Quarter Topside EPC
- Johan Sverdrup is a large oilfield on the Norwegian continental shelf. The Kvaerner-KBR joint venture executed the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) for the ULQ topside as one complete delivery.
- The utility and living quarter (ULQ) platform is one of four platforms to the Phase One development of the Johan Sverdrup Field Center. The Living Quarter (LQ) Platform is the westernmost of these and is connected to the Process Platform (P1) via bridge on the east. The LQ Platform topside consists of two main modules:
- The utility module with the control suite and the platform working areas at upper mezzanine level and the platform and field utility systems at lower mezzanine and cellar deck levels.
- The accommodation module providing living quarters for up to 560 personnel, and also containing all clean areas.
- Personnel from Kvaerner and KBR worked as one, integrated project K2-JV project management team.
- Engineering for the topsides is led by KBR in Leatherhead, UK, with full integration of Kvaerner engineering personnel with support from the Jakarta office.
- Procurement activities for the project are managed in both Norway and in the UK.
- At peak in 2017, a total of 1,500 – 2,000 people were involved in the project execution.
- K2-JV manages the major EPC subcontractor for the accommodation module, undertaken by Apply Leirvik.