The largest U.S. military contract in Africa
- This work is the largest U.S military contract in Africa.
- KBR originally supported Camp Lemonnier in Djibouti from 2002 through 2007 and led its conversion from a former French Foreign Legion outpost into a sustainable U.S. military base.
- KBR has successfully supported a significant base population increase of 45%, as well as growth of mission-critical support functions, additional facilities, and 1,000 acres of new infrastructure.
- KBR’s Djibouti operations have been awarded the Commander, Navy Installations Command coveted 3-Star Accreditation for Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) services for outstanding performance and high customer satisfaction.
- KBR is at the forefront of bringing green initiatives to the military bases it supports and recently replaced many gasoline-operated all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) at the Djibouti site with more efficient and environmentally-friendly electric vehicles. The EVs also cost less to maintain.
KBR provides full spectrum base operations support services at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti. The base is the largest permanent military base in the Horn of Africa and serves as the primary location for the U.S. Africa Command. KBR’s history of supporting the base dates back to 2002, and we have served under the current contract since 2012. Additionally, KBR supports operations at two forward operating locations at Chabelley Air Field, Djibouti and Manda Bay, Kenya.
Djibouti is a remote, hostile and austere environment with little manufacturing and limited natural resources. Despite these challenges, including extremely dangerous heat, KBR provides critical services every day with an emphasis on safety and efficiency that enable smooth base operations and allow the thousands of military personnel stationed there to focus on their mission. The services we deliver include airfield operations, housing, galley, vehicle maintenance, water and wastewater facility operations, solid waste management, fuel, and key life support and recreation services that augment and enhance base quality of life.