Adaptive design with multi-center project execution
- Both FEED and detailed design were handled as a multi-center execution between our Singapore and Leatherhead offices.
- The shortening of the hull at the end of the design competition meant that KBR had to be adaptive to change. KBR engineering disciplines adapted the topsides design to remove the blast gaps between modules and were receptive to a change in philosophy for the fire and explosion design.
- This project initiated a good working relationship with DSME.
- Prioritization of key design deliverables to achieve the aggressive overall 41-week project schedule, focus on timely delivery of technical requisitions and technical bid evaluations to support DSME Procurement with effort and overall schedule
- Storage capacity of 1.78 MM bbl
- Gas compression capacity of 6.5 mm3/d
- Liquid treatment capacity of 229,000 bpd
- Oil production rate 169,000 bpd
- Estimated Topsides Weight 38,000 ton (dry, gross)
- Cravo-Lirio-Orquidea-Violeta, (CLOV) is a group of four oil reservoirs located in deep waters ranging from 1,050 m to 1,350 m within Block 17 approximately 140 km off the Angolan Coast.
- Multi-center working between Leatherhead and Singapore offices to optimize KBR worldwide resources to meet project objectives