From Military Service to Civilian Career
KBR’s extensive support of the U.S. and U.K. governments and their allies includes offering former service members new and exciting opportunities to continue serving their countries while forging a fulfilling civilian career.
KBR has a long history of working side by side with the military and supporting active-duty soldiers, veterans and their families. KBR prides itself on creating environments where military and veteran families feel appreciated and can grow both professionally and personally. Why? Because we know firsthand that by leveraging veterans’ incredible experience, discipline and ingenuity, we can deliver better solutions to our customers.
“KBR prides itself on creating environments where military and veteran families feel appreciated and can grow both professionally and personally.”
When the moment comes to transfer from military service to a civilian career, join KBR — the team behind the warfighter.
Philanthropy, Sponsorships & Memberships
- Air Force Association
- American Red Cross’ Veterans Hospital Program
- Army Engineer Association
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
- Association of the U.S. Army
- Marine Toys for Tots Program
- Navy League of the United States
- Society of American Military Engineers
- Southern Maryland Navy Alliance
- U.K. Armed Forces Day National Event
- U.K. Royal Air Force (RAF) Alpine Championships
- U.S. Army 10-Miler
- Warrior Foundation Freedom Station
- Wear Blue: Run to Remember
- Welcome Home Patriots Initiative
- Women in Defence UK
- Wounded Warrior Project
Training and Partnerships
- Hiring Our Heroes: Through our partnership with nonprofit Hiring Our Heroes, KBR helps find employment opportunities for service members transitioning from active duty. KBR hosts participants from Hiring Our Heroes’ 12-week Corporate Fellowship Program, providing valuable hands-on experience with the intent to hire for relevant vacancies.
- University of Houston Supply Chain & Logistics Technology Program: KBR partners with the University of Houston Supply Chain & Logistics Technology program to offer students — including veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces — a robust mentoring setting and exposure to real-life supply chain challenges.
Military Friendly Employer: In 2020, KBR was recognized as an outstanding employer of U.S. veterans and their families and was named to VIQTORY’s prestigious Military Friendly® Employers list. VIQTORY is a leading military marketing and advertising company that connects the military community to civilian employment, educational and entrepreneurial opportunities..
U.K. Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award: In 2019, KBR was recognized by the UK Ministry of Defence for its unwavering commitment to supporting active-duty and veteran members of the British Armed Forces with the U.K. Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award. KBR was one of the first signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant, established in 2014 as a pledge of support for active-duty service members, reservists and veteran employees.
Workforce Development Award: The Construction Users Roundtable, a national organization comprising leaders in the construction industry, awarded KBR a prestigious Workforce Development Award for its “Camo to KBR: Veterans Recruitment and Training Program.”