Providing full lifecycle support to naval aviation aircraft, weapons and systems
For more than 40 years, KBR has supported the U.S. Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) mission of providing full lifecycle support to naval aviation aircraft, weapons and systems. Our aircrew services and test and evaluation experts have played a specific and integral role in that mission by providing critical research, development, and test and evaluation services for naval unmanned aerial systems (UAS), lighter-than-air vehicles, and rotary- and fixed-wing aircraft and systems.
Each year, our aircrew subject matter experts fly an average of over 12,000 hours, conducting experimental and engineering test flights on behalf of the U.S. Navy and other federal government customers. We provide test and evaluation services, flight and ground operations, flight crew staffing, navigation and aviation safety support, and weapon systems, subsystems and components testing. KBR aircrew personnel also serve as instructors to the U.S. Navy Test Pilot School, pilots/operators for UASs, and pilots for NASA science, NOAA weather and Navy high-altitude search and rescue (SAR) missions. The team’s work advances the development, safety and performance of new aircraft and aircraft systems and helps ensure Navy test pilots are properly trained to support future missions.
- Serving as the world’s largest independent flight test organization, and supporting the U.S. Navy as well as other government customers
- Maintaining an unparalleled, exemplary flight safety record that includes flying over 370,000 hours — or 42 years — without a Class A/B flight mishap
- Supporting the development and test and evaluation of the newest U.S. Presidential Helicopter
- Providing critical test and evaluation mission aircrew and engineering support to the U.S. Navy Triton surveillance unmanned aerial system (UAS)
- Providing flight crew to staff the NOAA “Hurricane Hunters” team, which flies into the eye of hurricanes to gather scientific data used to forecast the storm’s impact and predict the hurricane’s path
- Delivering award-winning, in-flight and photo chase photography that has also been featured on the covers of industry trade publications